Manchester United forward warns of not 'slowing down' as Erik ten Hag prioritises new contract

last year
Marcus Rashford's remarkable form continued with a thumping brace as Manchester United survived a sloppy start to comfortably beat Leicester in the Premier League following a build-up dominated by takeover talk
Manchester United's lethal forward Marcus Rashford has sent an ominous message to the rest of the Premier League by vowing not to "slow down" after continuing his blistering form with two goals in his side's 3-0 win over Leicester City on Super Sunday.

The England forward has scored 17 goals at Old Trafford across all competitions in 2022-23 - the most by a player in a single season for the club since Wayne Rooney in 2011-12 (19).
His second-half strike was his 24th goal of the season in all competitions, his most in a single campaign for United. Sixteen of those 24 goals have come in 17 games since the end of the 2022 World Cup.On achieving his personal milestone, Rashford told Sky Sports: "It's obviously a nice feeling to be scoring goals and ultimately winning games. I don't think we played that well in the first half but in the second we played a lot better.
"We found Bruno [Fernandes] in pockets, Fred, and they're creating chances for us. We need to look to do that from the beginning but it's also a positive that we're still winning when not at our best.
"There's definitely things to learn and improve on but overall it's a good day."
On his first goal, Rashford admits: "Initially, I was going to pass it as Garna [Alejandro Garnacho] made a good run but the defender was on the inside of him, so I thought shooting across the goal would be the best option.

Heung-Min Son: Tottenham call for action after online racist abuse aimed at forwardTottenham have called on social media companies and authorities to "take action" after reporting online racist abuse directed at their forward Heung-Min Son following the 2-0 win over West Ham on Super Sunday.

Son scored Spurs' second goal in the 2-0 win over their London rivals at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Spurs Tweeted: "We have been made aware of the utterly reprehensible online racist abuse directed at Heung-Min Son during today's match, which has been reported by the club.

"We stand with Sonny and once again call on the social media companies and authorities to take action."

The Football Association replied to Tottenham's tweet with a similar call for action later on Sunday evening.

"We strongly condemn the racist abuse aimed at Son Heung-min this evening," read an FA tweet. "This has no place in our game and we fully support the authorities and social media companies to take the strongest possible action to tackle it."

In June 2022, a group of 12 men who racially abused Son on Twitter were given "community resolutions" and wrote apologies to the Tottenham forward. The abuse took place after Spurs' 3-1 home defeat to Manchester United on April 11, 2021.

Earlier in February, Troy Deeney said the racial abuse he received at the hands of a Birmingham supporter shows "certain football fans

Recommended