• 3 days ago
The circuit is owned and operated by the 500 Motor Racing Club of Ireland (500 MRCI), who opened the circuit in 1953 on the site of the former RAF Kirkistown Royal Air Force airfield. Kirkistown's main circuit runs clockwise, and was laid out using portions of the aerodrome's major east–west runway and northern perimeter roadways. The layout is relatively simple, with four main corners and a 1,000 yd (910 m) main straight. During the 1970s, a right-left chicane was constructed approximately one third of the way along the main straight, to reduce approach speeds to the Maguires Hairpin turn.

Recommended